Friday, January 24, 2014

The Knitting

 I'm still a "jump all over the place" knitter. I start way too many more projects than I actually finish. Participating in knit-a-longs helps me finish items on a timeline. But I haven't participated in any of those for a while. Most were tied to podcasts and my obsession with video podcasts has wained. What am I knitting then? I just finished a Windschief Cowl (pattern by Stephen West) for myself in Tosh DK Seasalt colorway. I'll probably wear it Saturday when Pete and I go to Newport. I also have decided to knit a bunch of baby items to have when the need might arise to give a baby gift. I'm not at all good with knitting for deadlines like baby due dates so this should solve that issue. So I've started knitting some I Love Stockinette Baby Bibs. I have a decent stash of cotton yarn that can be used for these. Then my sister asked me to make her a Weather The Weather hat. The yarn has been ordered and as soon as it arrives I'll get to it.

What else would I like to knit this year? I really want to knit another sweater for myself. I've only knit two and haven't worn them in forever. And I'd like to crochet a throw for my living room. I have a pattern which I will link to at another time. It consists of granny squares and I think is really pretty. I also need to replenish my wool socks. Many have gotten holey beyond repair and went in the trash. There are also a few stuffed animals/toys I'd like to make. So I think I'll continue to be a busy knitter in the coming year and hopefully finish more of what I've started.

No comments:

Post a Comment