Monday, January 13, 2014

Road Trip

I'm not going to lie. This had to be the quickest, whirlwind road trip since well, the early 80's and some "totally unlike me spontaneous un-thoughtout" road trips I took in college. Wish it was as fun as the 8o's trips but oh well. This is real life. The Jetta we sold Zach over Christmas died in New Jersey where he stopped to spend time with his aunt and cousins on his way back to N. Carolina. Yeah, died. He freaked, we freaked. He had to be back at Lejeune by 6pm Sunday and we had to get the Jetta back to MA. We got Zach back to the base but not before one flight was cancelled and we had to re-book him on another flight-first class no less because that's all that was available. Thank goodness this all happened while he was at his aunt's and not on the road.

Pete and I drove to S. Jersey Saturday in pouring rain and fog to get the Jetta and tow it back to MA. The one bright spot is we got to spend a few hours with Sue and her family. I think I've seen her more in the last year than I have in the last ten years. My nephew, as always, made me laugh. He's hysterical. Since birth. Really. He's that funny.

We awoke Sunday to bright sunny skies and seasonable temperatures. Traffic wasn't crazy. At least until we hit N. Jersey and the Newark area. Even then it wasn't terrible. We made really good time. It felt really good to be home and have that little adventure done. Hopefully, the repairs won't be too major or expensive. Oh and we own it again. It's a neat little car (which is why we sold it to Zach in the first place) so I'm not terribly upset about it. C'est la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment